From:
DEBBIE LORDS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 16:57:05 EST
     I, too wish to state support of Cheryl's message.  She identified that
she had seen the book and believed it had value.  Though not required in a
review, I believe it was professional of Cheryl to indicate that she does not
view herself an expert in old maps.  I don't consider myself a Map Librarian,
but I have done many things to support the promotion of maps and to
strengthen their access in my library.   Does one need to be an Olympic
swimmer to know that water is wet?
If a librarian cannot be considered worthy of writing a review of for book,
who can?

Debra Lords

******   START OF FORWARDED MESSAGE   ******

Lets get the ordering information out for any new books we are aware of
(particularly from obscure sources) but lets wait to see the book
and for the reviews before we make judgments about the book.
Joan Winearls

******   END OF FORWARDED MESSAGE   ******