From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:14:21 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:28:41 -0400
From: Peter Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
To: MAPS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Peter Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Storage of GIS CDROMs?

Hello,
I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. We have about a
thousand GIS-related CDROMs now (satellite images, maps, and photos) and
are accumulating/creating them at a rate of 20-30 per week. Given that
may of you are/may be developing digital GIS libraries for your patrons,
has anyone thoughts on ideal archiving furniture (stands, cabinets,
shelves, or some such) and vendor recommendations for storage and easy
access for these data? What software programs are you using to create
databases for these media? Is there a chart which compares these
softare? Please advise, and I will sum. Thanks.

Peter Schlesinger

--
Peter Schlesinger
GIS & Remote Sensing Lab