From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:22:57 -0500
Subject:        Re: Facility Use Fees
Date:   Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:20:05 -0700, Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:19:09 -0700
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>

To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

It's university policy here that we must
charge non-UC users (or UC users working
on non-UC projects) for services provided
(salary+benefits, plus overhead),
and we do have heavy use of our
air-photo collection by non-UC users.
Prices for searches and reproductions
are basically $65/search and $15 for
digital copy; details are at:
http://www.sdc.ucsb.edu/services/imagery_search_info.html
http://www.sdc.ucsb.edu/services/repro_options_NON-UC.htm

Two thoughts that quickly came to mind
on this:
a. are the air photos out of copyright,
or if they are copyrighted is the copyright
held by your university?
b. what is the University of Wisconsin's
policy on use by non-UWisc users?

A notable exception to the charges we make
is of course the U.S.-depository
map collection; and just generally speaking
we don't charge for map use unless it's
going to involve relatively large amounts of
staff time.

Mary

--
Mary Lynette Larsgaard