From:
Garrett Eastman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 15:31:51 EDT
Hello all.  Those of you who have experience with the US Army Map
Service series and/or Japan city maps may perhaps be willing to help
with this query.  A researcher here at MIT in the Foreign Languages &
Literatures department here at MIT is looking for a map of the
city of Hiratsuka, Japan.  He would like to get a copy of the one made
by the Army Map Service as part of their Japan City Plans series.
Barring that, he would like to find one of Hiratsuka at the scale of
1:12,500 or less and in English. He wants to be able to scan the map
into a computer file.

MIT's copy of this particular map is missing.
( i am assuming that the AMS maps are no longer
available for sale, and if this is a faulty assumption, please correct me.)

I have forwarded a request to our interlibrary borrowing at MIT.
However, in order to cast the net as wide as possible, I ask:
Would any librarian be willing to loan their copy via interlibrary
borrowing or by other means, or could arrangements possibly be made
for a high quality reproduction or scanned copy, please?  similarly,
any leads towards a reasonable substitute would be appreciated.

Please reply to me and not to the list.  Many thanks.

Garrett Eastman
MIT Libraries
Lindgren Library
Room 54-200