From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:29:14 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:38:12 -0700
From: Janet Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Maps101 / maps.com
Sender: Janet Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

The following was forwarded to me from our main library:

"Maps101 is an ideal and immediate solution for integrating web technology
into the library, classroom and home. Maps101 translates directly into
library use and provides access to over 4,000 maps, current events, lesson
plans and related resources. In addition, this widely used database will
help libraries save on the high cost of updating and purchasing old-world
maps and reference atlases."

List price is $549  with a 2 year license for $500.  I'm not considering it,
but our main library may be considering purchase.

Are any of you familiar with this product or "maps.com"?  The name
associated with it is David Armstrong in Goleta, California.

thanking you in advance,

Janet Collins, Map Librarian
Huxley College of the Environment
Arntzen Hall 101