From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:13:00 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:26:01 -0500
From: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map talk at NYPL Wednesday nite
Sender: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>

Matt Knutzen, Assistant Chief of the Map Division, NYPL, will be presenting
a slide talk about his artistic work which focuses on maps. Matt has his
MFA from Pratt, and his geography degree from Berkeley. Combining the best
of both worlds, his art playfully and creatively takes the map as artifact
and transforms it into artistic devices.

Outside the boundary: A presentation of map artworks by Matthew A. Knutzen,
Assistant Chief, Map Division, NYPL.

We welcome you to join us in the Berger Forum, second floor north,
Humanities and Social Sciences Library, 5th Avenue and 42nd Street, at 5:30
for refreshments and at 6:00 for Matt's program.

Please join us if you can, and please also, rsvp at 212-930-0654,

so we know how much wine to have on hand...

Alice

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oops, sorry folks, see below for rest of info. Matt's talk is tomorrow
night, Wednesday the 13th of November.

Alice

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html

----- Forwarded by ahudson/MHT/Nypl on 11/12/2002 03:19 PM -----

                      "ahudson"
                      <[log in to unmask]        To:       [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [MapHist] Map talk at NYPL Wednesday nite
                      owner-maphist@geo
                      g.uu.nl

                      11/12/2002 01:26
                      PM