From:
Jan Smits <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 12:25:20 EST
Just for the record.

Our standard broadsheet cabinets (h x w x d = 55 x 59.25 x 47.25)
have 55 drawers (0.78 x 52.55 x 40.95) [measures in inches]. The
cabinets and the frames are made of ALLUMINIUM, the
drawer-bottoms of melinex. In the past 20 years we have received
hardly any flat maps which do not fit in these drawers. The
cabinets have given nothing but satisfaction. In each drawer we
put between 20 to 40 maps, depending on size. The double amount
is also possible.

The manufacturer produces broadsheet cabinets in modules of
custom-made size, with different kinds of drawer-bottoms
(depending on solidity needed) and drawer-heights ranging from
0.40" to 23.6". Besides they produce many peripherals for these
cabinets and a whole range of restoration-equipment.

For those of my colleagues who want/need more information, their
address is:

Simba Aluminium
P.O. Box 235 NL-4730 AE Oudenbosch
The Netherlands
Phone: +31-0165-320242/44
fax: +31-0165-320262

Thank you for your attention,

Jan Smits
Map Curator Royal Library, National Library of The Netherlands