From:
"Judy A. Geitgey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 16:23:19 EST
I wanted to share a review of a superb new state atlas, really "hot off
the press" (within the last 48 hours).  It's the "New Mexico Road &
Recreation Atlas", published by Benchmark Maps (ISBN 0-929591-26-7).
Benchmark is a new joint effort by MapLink in Santa Barbara, CA., Eureka
Cartography in Berkeley, CA., and Allan Cartography in Medford, OR.  The
atlas provides up-to-date, detailed coverage of roads, towns, and
recreation areas in a landscape format.  At a glance you can see the
topography and its relationship to the manmade features.  The atlas also
contains maps indicating public land ownership, plus detailed street maps
of Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Roswell, and Las Cruces.  Having
seen the first copy off the press, I'm really  excited and impressed with
the quality of the atlas.  (Being a New Mexican doesn't hurt either!)  For
all map lovers, this is a truly outstanding contribution.  It should be
appearing in bookstores in the near future, and I believe it's also
available from MapLink.  Retail price is $17.95.

Judy Geitgey
Technical Library--Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, NM