From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:14:55 -0600
Subject:        Re: thanks from Tom Lindsey
Date:   Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:35:24 -0500
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

This harkens to the question, for each collection, of whether or not to
separate out the "special Forest Service editions" if you will from the
rest of the 7.5-minute topos. Some collections chose to do so, we did
not. If using the G-class number though, and if one wishes to have these
sheets file with all other maps of the specific National Forest or
National Grassland involved, by the fact that you change the 4th digit
in the class number to a "2" and then add the geographic area code for
the NF or NG involved (using /Classification Web/ or borrowing from a
record in LC's online catalog), means that these maps will end up being
in a separate area from all of the other 7.5-minute topos for a given
state. I'm sure there have been some creative ways to handle this,
sounds like what has been done on your end Tom is but one way. Good luck
on writing the documentation, been there and still doing that....

Paige