From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:29:26 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:15:56 +1100
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tory Atlas <fwd>

>I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I am having.
>We're putting together a map exhibition for a Science Festival that
happens here every year.  I have in my >possession a photocopy of a
political map that is titled "The Tory Atlas of the World - The
>World: Political"
>Can anyone shed some light on the origins of this...maybe a reference of a
book/atlas it comes out of.

This is the one with 'British, used to be British, should be British,
should be underwater' as the colouring scheme for the countries, right?

It came from a "Spitting Image" book, a spin-off of the BBC(?) TV series,
and the book, A4, paperback, maybe 5mm thick, was around in the late 80s.
As a fan of the programme, i picked up a copy of the book about then in
Auckland, NZ where i was at school. Hardly a 'reference book'!
I can get the bibliographic details if you need.

Brendan Whyte
University of Melbourne
--- End Forwarded Message ---