From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:26:01 EST
2 messages.-----------------------------Johnnie

---------------------------------------

>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:10:59 -0500 (EST)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Maps of Electric Utilities/National Grid

The maps you are referring to, I believe, are those publised by FERC (Federal
Energy Regulatory Commission) - and as other have noted are more like
"plumbing diagrams" than anything else.

FERC (as do other federal entities) divides the country up into "regions" -
naturally these regions don't match between, and sometimes even within,
cabinet level entities - just to add to the confusion...

However, to attempt to answer your original question, I'm not sure FERC has
such an animal, although they might.  But, I'd guess the place to look is at
the state regulatory commission level.  I know for instance, that the NY
Power Pool in Albany published a map of the "service areas" of the various
utilities in New York State.  I'd guess other states do the same.

I also know that large "holding companies" - like the Southern Company in
Atlanta also have similar publications.

Start with a question to the local utility itself - they usually have a PR
type that could help.

- hope this helps some

- Pax -
Andrew Auld; Lockport, NY

      In democracies the most potent cause of revolution is the
               unprincipled character of popular leaders.

                                              -- Aristotle (The Politics)

>Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:30:57 -0500
>From: [log in to unmask] (Jim Coombs)
>Subject: Re: Maps of Electric Utilities/National Grid

Have you guys looked at the Principal Electric Facilities maps (E3.21:El2/978)?
Its 20-year old info, but its an 11-sheet set covering the whole US.

Hope this helps ...

Jim Coombs
Map Librarian
Southwest Missouri State University