From:
"ANDREW, PAIGE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 12:00:26 EDT
My, where has the time gone!! Panic mode sunk in for me last night as we
are about 2 weeks away from SLA Annual Conference in Montreal. So, as I am
putting myself through the process of preparing agendas for meetings, some
sort of comments for the Honors Reception, and some kind of introduction
for Mary Larsgaard's presentation, I realized that I need to have various
people get their reports together as well.

1. SLA Officers--please be prepared for the Annual Board Meeting on Sunday
with either reports, updates, and/or comments suggestions

2. Committee Chairs--please do two things for me (a) if you will not be
attending the conference please fax or mail me a copy of your committee's
reports to be read at the Board and/or Business meeting and (b) please have
a copy of the full report either sent to Pat Allen for inclusion in the
October issue of the _Bulletin_ or ready to give to him at the conference.
As we usually do, verbal committee reports should be summarized and ready
to give in a five-minute span of time at the conference. Thanks

3. Liaisons--please be prepared to give five-minute reports of your
activities at the conference if you will be attending or have a report
ready for publication in the _Bulletin_ if you will not be attending.

If any of you know in advance that you will not be able to attend the
conference in Montreal and would like a report read please do get them to
me now.

If any of you SLAers has news to share regarding your particular map
collection please bring it with you and I will provide time for this at the
Business/Reports meeting. This could be anything from exhibits held in the
past year to grants awarded for particular projects to the latest GIS
technologies you are using to assist your patrons. News of this type is
always welcomed.

FINAL REMINDER: presentations at the Business/Reports meeting will be
limited to five minutes, so prepare for this. Full reports will need to go
directly to Pat Allen (copies to me too please) for inclusion in the next
issue of the _Bulletin_ so that folks unable to attend will receive the
latest information.

Thanks to all of the Board members, Committee chairs and members, and
Liaisons for the work that you've done this year. I look forward to seeing
you all in Montreal!

Paige Andrew
Chair, SLA G&M Division
E506 Pattee Library