From:
Alice Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 13:11:23 EDT

     I am pleased to announce that after 2 years the Map Division is 80%
     fully staffed! Yea, now I can catch up on everything. [Joke, joke...]

     Tom Bourke, formerly Chief of the Microforms Division here at NYPL,
     was transferred into the Map Division after his place was "downsized."
     Tom works with us about 60% of his time in the Library, and handles
     the Map Division reference desk about 4 hours a day, and over the last
     year has been a lifesaver for Nancy and me. Because, when he is at the
     desk, we aren't!

     Stephan Saks, formerly one of several Stack Supervisors, and recent
     M.L.S. grad, transferred in to the Map Division about a month ago. He
     is the administrative librarian in the Division, which means he
     worries about details and fine points that I miss. He also is an
     enthusiastic map aficionado [it is rumored he has framed maps on the
     wall at home...] and he also works the desk, and takes up more hours
     from that duty, that Nancy and I don't have to cover! Yea!

     Kris Cheppaikode, formerly of the Director of the Research Libraries
     Office, was promoted to Library Technical Assistant II in the Map
     Division. He comes to us with excellent map and geography "how-to"
     skills --as he is currently a geography major at Hunter College, and
     is soon to take GIS courses!