From:
David Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 10:18:35 EDT

Colleagues:

I have a student/researcher who is studying the AAF Cloth Charts,
i.e. 'survival scarves', 'silk charts' issued to pilots during WWII.  She
is interested in their use, design, what went into their development, the
problems encountered with printing on both sides, etc.
What is frustrating is that I remember reading/hearing something about
these maps re the above questions but sometime in the last 20+ years.
Needless to say, I can't remember where I saw it.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
I am crossposting this between Mapsl and Maphist.  My apologies for any
duplication.

David Lundquist
Map Librarian
Shields Library