From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Filar Elisabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:07:36 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 14:43:46 -0600 (MDT)
From: Filar Elisabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: scanner for maps and air photos

We may be getting  "donated" a scanner and I need to decide if it will be
useful to us in Maps or not. It is a Minolta PS7000: a digital publication
scanner. Made for books to be scanned face up but we really need one for
maps and air photos. I dont know if this would work or not. I am
contacting Minolta as well to find out, but thought I would ask  if anyone
has used this type of scanner or knows if it would be good for maps and
air photos?  Any feedback would be helpful.

Here's the web address if you're interested:

http://www.minoltausa.com/
main.asp?productID=739&whichProductSection=1&whichSection=3

Thanks!
Beth

Elisabeth Filar
Map Librarian