Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1993 15:32:53 EDT
WIDTH=78
***
Update: called Center for Media Education 202-628-2620, and they are sending
me information, and putting me on newsletter mailing list. She wanted to know
why map libraries would be interested. ...After a pause, I rattled off
something about downloading satellite imagery, census data and creating maps
on demand in map libraries. She said something to the effect of not ever
thinking of such a group. Anyway she did mention she'd been in contact with
Pru Adler and others at ALA. So much for ALA remembering map librarians! Ha!
Anyway, if as a map librarian, you are interested, give these folks a call and
an education vis a vis maps...Alice Hudson. No more for now, I'm outta here
for the rest of the day--bankers hours you know.

***