Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:30:53 -0700
Have you considered widening the doorways?  For a thousand cabinets, I would
consider modifying the path and keeping the drawers in the cabinets.  Then
move the cabinets in their original upright stacked position by means of a
mechanical lift.  It might prove to be less expensive, faster, and safer for
the maps.

"Free advice is worth what you pay for it."

-
Jim

James Speed Hensinger
JHensinger.org