From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:28:21 -0500
Subject: RE:      looking for the scanned Joint Operations Graphic
series of            Indonesia]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:47:30 +1100
From: Maura O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Sir
I have now been advised by my Australian Defence contact that there are
no digital JOG scans of Indonesia:

"As yet the JOGs of the world are NOT available in vector soft copy.
The
world project of production of the digital output at 1:250,000 being
co-ordinated by DGIWG is to be known as VMap level 1.  The similar
coverage
at 1:1,000,000 is available as is known as VMap level 0."

We hold paper copies of the maps which are still in copyright to the
British Ministry of Defence or DGIWG.  Consequently we are not in a
position to provide copies.  You may be able to purchase appropriate
paper maps through Omni Resources.  Their website is :
http://www.omnimap.com/.  I have done a quick check and they appear to
be only promoting the Indonesian and Russian coverage at that scale.
You do not appear to be aware of your own county's mapping agency :
Bakosurtanal, who produce high quality topographic coverage, at various
scales, ranging form 1:250 000 to 1:25 000.
Yours sincerely
Maura O'Connor
Map Curator
National Library of Australia