From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:32:30 -0600
Subject: RE: Numeric/Spatial Data Services Librarian
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:11:03 +0000
From: John A Olson <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

Hi Angie,

We have a Numeric Data Librarian here at SU. He is responsible for
acquiring and using statistical data sets and helping patron, faculty,
students, etc. with number crunching and formatting data with SPSS,
Stata, etc. So I would guess these new positions may have these types of
duties focusing or combined with geospatial data.

John A. Olson
Librarian - Maps/GIS/Geography
             - Earth Science
             - Government Documents
358 E.S. Bird Library
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13244

T-315.443.4818
F-315.443.9510

The challenge is not finding the sources you need
but choosing the relevant ones.