From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Obenhaus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:28:52 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 09:17:07 -0400
From: Bruce Obenhaus <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Annual Conference Early Bird Registration Deadline - May 1
Sender: Bruce Obenhaus <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

This message is about the Special Library Association Annual Conference.
Maps-L Moderator

Hello everyone.

With apologizes to all, I am requesting that everyone please post the
following message to all their division, chapter, caucus and committee
discussion groups:

Originally, this year, we had planned to produce a leaner version of the
preliminary conference program.  This version would have been mailed
earlier then tradition dictated.  We had also hoped to have the full
version of the program available on the web.  Unfortunately, both the
mailing and the web version have presented us with very unusual
"challenges."  While we are working on these challenges, they have also
prevented us in providing the membership with appropriate conference
information in a timely manner.  For this I most sincerely apologize.

The printed Early Bird registration date of April 15th was based on the
expectations of having the program information available earlier and not
later.

I wish to inform everyone that the Early Bird registration date has been
moved back until May 1, 1999.

We need everyone's help and cooperation in getting the word out to all
interested conference attendants.  If you have received the above notice,
please feel free to post the message on any and all discussion groups that
you may belong to.

Again, my most sincere apologies to everyone for the inconvenience that may
have been caused.

Sincerely - Jim Mears, SLA

Bruce Obenhaus
Government Documents Librarian