From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Baig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:42:13 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:32:47 -0500
From: Stephen Baig <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: correction---B&L Zoom Transfer Scope
Sender: Stephen Baig <[log in to unmask]>

Emmended to include other domestic U.S. goverment agencies.

We are surplusing a Bauch and Lomb Zoom Transfer Scope.  (This device is
now sold by Image Interpretation Systems.)  The Z.T.S. enables the operator
to view two materials, such as a photo and a map, in superposition.  It has
the capability of enlarging, rotating, and translating an image of the
photo to match the map.  It provides anamorphic stretch at any angle.  It
is ideal for transferring data from satellite images to nearly flat
terrain.  I believe it was developed to project LANDSAT data onto maps.  We
used it for many years to transfer data from polar-orbiting satellites to
base charts. Instructional manual included.

We are permitted to transfer the device to any domestic educational
facility or domestic (U.S.) local, state, or federal government agencyat no
cost save packing and shipping.

Dr. Stephen Baig

Oceanographer,
National Hurricane Center