From:
Lisa Recupero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 12:30:19 EST
Hello fellow Map-Ler's!

I have a question regarding the name of a town in Poland.  A patron trying
to track down a family history believes that ancesters at one time lived
in a town named Minsk Mazowiecki, Poland (52.10 N 21.31 E).  She is under
the impression that the town, during several changes in possession,
also had a change in name sometime during the time period 1900-1914.  We
are lacking in any historical maps of Poland at that level of detail for
that time period.  Would some kind soul out there, mind checking for a
possible change in name for us?  Or point us to a source we might be able
to get our hands on, that would provide us this information?  I would be
greatly indebted.  If I can provide any additional information on this
please feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa A. Recupero                        [log in to unmask]
Reference Librarian                     http://www.umr.edu/~recupero
Curtis Laws Wilson Library              phone:(314) 341-4007
University of Missouri-Rolla            fax: (314) 341-4233
Rolla, MO 65401
                /\-----/\            "There are two means of refuge
          _____|  *   *  |______       from the miseries of life:
          _____|    ^    |______             music and cats."