From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:09:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Print Versus Online Gazetteer Preferences
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:59:52 -0700
From: Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

The Geonet Names Server hosted by the NGA is the updated, electronic
version of all those BGN foreign country volumes. Unfortunately, the
interface is very clunky and slow.  It's not really user friendly. It
can be faster to use the paper books, if they are handy. On the other
hand, the BGN books are no longer being updated and face it, place names
do change.

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian
Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051