From:
Linda Samuels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 09:55:20 EDT
     Our cataloging department is inquiring about the possibilities of doing
a retrospective conversion project for records in the card catalog for our map
collection.   Our collection is primarily series maps.
     If your library has done such a project using personnel external to
your library or using a commercial vendor, would you please share your
experiences with us.  We would like to hear both happy experiences and sad
ones.
     How did you go about it?
     What are the major pitfalls?
     Who would you recommend?  Would you use them again?
     Who would you definitely NOT recommend?

     I will appreciate any information that you can share.  Thanks.

     Linda Samuels  [log in to unmask]
     (214) 768-2281
     (214) 768-4236
     Science/Engineering Library