From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:55:06 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: UK Digital Boundary Files: Availability?]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:46:55 -0500
From: John Long <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Modern county lines for the UK are available in the ESRI data set that goes
out with each copy of ArcView.

Historical counties, including some electoral units, have been compiled and
digitized by the Great Britain Historical GIS project, now at the
University of Portsmouth.  Go for the GBHGIS  through Google to find a
thorough paper about the project and information about dissemination.   The
project itself has a home page at Portsmouth (www.gbhgis.org/), and there
is information about the digitized boundaries at
http://edina.ac.uk/ukborders.

At 11:14 AM 7/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]

John H. Long
Editor, Atlas of Historical County Boundaries
The Newberry Library
60 W. Walton Street
Chicago, IL  60610
Tel:  312-255-3602