From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:46:10 -0500
Kathleen and Maps-L:
      Have seen the illustration you speak of but do not have a
citation.  However, thanks to J. Post, there is posted on the wall of
the Map Room a photocopy of a poster/kit to make a square earth 'globe'
with a boat on the edge.  You cut out the paper pieces and glue them
together to form a square globe with a boat set in one of the top
edges.  Hagar is in the boat and saying: "The World Is Flat And That Is
That!" It was a promotion for "Hagar the Horrible's Very Nearly
Complete Viking Handbook." (Workman Publishing, 1985).  Wish I had two
copies of the color original, one to file and one to mount.  As it is,
the black & white photo copy is a nice display.

John Sutherland
University of Georgia