From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:27:47 -0400
Subject: Historic Map
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:37:37 -0400
From: Jan Comfort <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
I have a group of students who are working on a project and they need some
historical maps of  the city of Roanoke Virginia, back when it was still a
village.  Specifically, they need maps from 1740 - 1850, and 1850 -
1880.  The city has been renamed numerous times, and has been called
Antwerp, Gainesville, Big Lick and Old Lick.  I have directed them to some
historical atlases and several books about the history of Virginia, but our
collection is not extensive in this area.  I have also directed them to
several online sites, but I do not think that they have found exactly what
they need.  (Most were either state or county maps, which is not a small
enough geography.)  In a pinch, they would settle for a narrative
describing the boundary of the village.  Anyone have any ideas?  Please
respond to me, as I am only a visitor to your list.

Jan Comfort
Government Documents Reference Librarian
R.M. Cooper Library
Clemson University
Box 343001
Clemson, SC  29634-3001