From:
Velma Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1993 11:27:08 EDT

>     I am looking for a recent or currently available gazetteer of
>Canada.  Would appreciate any information or recommendations anyone
>could forward to me.  Thanks
>
>Cathy Kolbinger
>Memorial Library - Map Collection
>Mankato State University
>Mankato, MN 56002-8400

Cathy
Gazetteers for 9 provinces and the two territories are available from
Canadian Government Publishing Centre, Supply and Services Canada, Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada K1A 0S9.  The one for the province of Quebec is available
from Les Publications du Quebec, 1279 boul. Charest Ouest, Quebec (Quebec)
GiN 4K7.  There is also a supplement to the Quebec one.  Questions
concerning Canadain place names may be addressed to the Canadian Permanent
Committee on Geographic Names, 615 Booth Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1A 0E9.  They have a list of the gazetters available.  They are also
planning for a consolidated gazetteer, but that is still some years in the
future.

Velma Parker, Cartographic and Architectural Sector, National Archives of
Canada.