From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:52:41 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Re: MAPS-L: General Material Descriptor (GMD)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005
From: Philip Hoehn <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Adding the GMD "cartographic material" might be a good idea if one's
OPAC doesn't automatically display format type in a search results list.
  Otherwise it seems to me that staff time to add this subfield could be
spent more productively on other activities.

Philip Hoehn, Map Librarian
San Francisco -- [log in to unmask]
Contractor for David Rumsey Collection:
http://www.davidrumsey.com