From:
DON HEMENWAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 14:25:38 EDT
Would you be interested in teaching a workshop on GIS, remote sensing,
or photogrammetry next year?  The American Society for
Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing has been offering full-day
workshops at its meetings for several years now, and we are looking to
offer more workshops at more events in 1994.

Instruction is typically 7.5 hours, plus two coffee breaks and a lunch
break, for a 9 hour day.  Workshops are usually done on a Sunday prior
to a convention.  Instructors are expected to provide a quality educational
experience for 10-40 students, including a workbook to be distributed to
each student.  We are looking for all levels of material, from
introductory to advanced.

Instructors are paid and, where possible, we will provide a free
registration for the convention or symposium itself.  Next year, the
ASPRS Annual meeting is the last week of April in Reno Nevada.  We
are looking at several other events scattered around North America and
Europe.  At the moment I'm especially looking for instructors for
workshops on Acquiring a GIS, and Management Issues/Implications of
Implementing a GIS for the A/E/C Systems meeting next June here in
Washington, DC.

If you are interested in more details, or would like to propose a
workshop -- again, on photogrammetry, remote sensing, or GIS -- please
contact me:

Don Hemenway
ASPRS Director of Communications
5410 Grosvenor Lane, Suite 210
Bethesda, MD 20814
USA
ph. 301-493-0208
fx. 301-493-0208
Internet: [log in to unmask]
Bitnet:   [log in to unmask]

All proposals will be evaluated by the ASPRS Workshop Coordination
Committee.