From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virginia R. Hetrick
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:53:20 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 05:09:25 -0800
From: "Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Company towns

Hi, Jim -

That's a very cool idea (except that I'm sorry you're the guy who really
got stuck).  I dunno whether this idea will help or not.  But, .......

One thing you might want to try out is to take the names of the top n
companies (Fortune or S&P 500 comes to mind, but it may need to be
less).  Once you have the list, strip out ands, thes, and other
conjunctions, adjectives, and prepositions.  Then, head for one of the
Internet search engines.  Go to the regional pages (that's what it's
called on Yahoo, I assume the other search engines have similar areas in
their sites).  Then search for each of the words remaining in your list.
This has to be faster than flipping pages.

--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766