From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dean Blobaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:43:13 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:41:16 -0600
From: Dean Blobaum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: New cartography feature online
Sender: Dean Blobaum <[log in to unmask]>

Mark Monmonier, the master of mapping, is back with a new
book:  _Bushmanders and Bullwinkles: How Politicians Manipulate Electronic
Maps and Census Data to Win Elections_.  He wrote a special essay for our
website on some of the bizarre congressional districts of the last
census.  (Will the 2000 census remapping top them?)
Read "Spotting Bushmanders":
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/534243.html
--------------------------------
Dean Blobaum
The University of Chicago Press
Catalogs, online ordering, and features from our publications at:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/
Sign up to receive email notification of new titles in any field:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/mailnotifier/
Please note, as of January 15, 2001 our new address will be:
The University of Chicago Press
1427 East 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60637-2954
phone and email contacts will remain the same
--- End Forwarded Message ---