From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:56:29 -0600
----- Forwarded message from Mike Flannigan <[log in to unmask]> -----
    Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 07:52:00 -0600
    From: Mike Flannigan <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject: Re: Over 1,000 Historical Topographic Maps for Google Earth
      To: "Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum"

Good job Matt.  Very nice.  Google Earth is a little daunting
for some people, but I find it's fairly simple and works as
advertised for most people.

It's nice that you offer the maps up for download.  I'll probably
take advantage of that someday, as I am very interested in the
old topo maps.  I am currently about 70% through my 7.5' DRG
download of the whole country.  After that I plan to move on
to 15' topos, which I especially like.

I have some older 7.5' and 15' topos from MO, but they are
not scanned or georeferenced.

If you happen to know of any state-wide collections of 15'
DRG's available for download, I'd be interested in that.

By the way, the Oildale map north of Bakersfield would not
open for me.  Likewise all the other maps right around it.

Mike

----- End forwarded message -----