From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:57:37 -0500
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Paul B. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:03:13 AM
Subject: Re: Exporting from GeoPDF to Illustrator or autoCAD

- Hi John,
There are two programs that you may find useful in regard to GeoPDFs:

Global Mapper
http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper.php
Global mapper will work with a lot more file formats than just GeoPDFs. I am a GIS teaching Assistant during the Fall and Spring semesters at Old Dominion University here in Norfolk, VA and I keep a current copy of this software on my laptop so that the students using the GIS lab can have more access to GIS data than with ArcGIS alone.

-Or-

Avenza's Mapublisher
http://www.avenza.com/mapublisher
Dr. Chapman (also at ODU) teaches his Cartography class using Mapublisher and Adobe Illustrator. It appears that government agencies that do not need all the bells and whistles of ArcGIS are switching to this software combination because, in the long run, it is cheaper. The mapping division of the CIA is one group that uses this software.

Take Care,
Paul B. Anderson FCCS (USN, Retired)
KIngsport, TN native living in Norfolk, VA

My Map Projection website:
http://www.csiss.org/map-projections/index.html