From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:18:17 -0600
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Kenneth A. Mr. Grabach" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Air Photo & GIS Forum Maps" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:45:33 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: fake is the new real, an interesting site with maps

Hello, everyone. I hope you all have a blessed and peaceful Christmas. Peace and hope for the New Year!

A colleague shared this site with me today. There is more than one interesting map or geospatial visualization worth looking at: 50 states and 50 metros, connected places, traces of new york, subways at scale, nuclear capable nations, last train to clarksville (a bit less imaginative than others, but a clever look at all the clarksvilles in the usa), and chicago milexmile. This one is thought provoking, which is the reason I share it specifically.

http://www.fakeisthenewreal.org/reform/

Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Maps Librarian Phone: 513-529-1726

Miami University Libraries