From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:23:00 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005
From: Albert J Lusnia <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Dating of recent european street maps

I am hoping someone might be able to point me towards a source of
information about copyright or proDuction dates on European-produced street
maps. I've been able to locate info about American-produced maps, Rand
McNally and the like, but it doesn't seem to apply to what I'm looking at.

Specifically I'm working on a map produced by RV Reise- und Verkehrsverlag.
The map I'm working with is a street map of San Francisco, CA. and was
distributed with an Italian periodical "Conosci il Mondo."  My personal
guess is that the map was produced in the 1990's, but I'd like to nail it
down more precisely, if possible.  If anyone knows of a website or reference
work in English, German, or most any other European language, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks for your help

Bert Lusnia
Library and Information Science