From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:09:48 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:01:47 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Gale's 1999 G schedule missing "Special instructions"
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Our library subscribes to the SUPERLCCS schedules that Gale Group puts out
each year.  We just got in the 1999 compilation and found that the "G"
schedule is missing some important information for map catalogers.  These
are the "Special instructions and tables of subdivisions for atlases and
maps" that are supposed to appear at end of Subclass G.  Throughout this
subclass, reference is made in SUPERLCCS to use the "special instructions"
in building call numbers for atlases and maps.  The 1999 SUPERLCCS has all
the references to the "special instructions," but the instructions
themselves aren't there, either at the end of Subclass G or at the back of
the schedule.  I've e-mailed Gale about this and posted this to both Autocat
and the Maps-L list.

Brian Falato
Serials/Maps Cataloger
University of South Florida