From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Wishard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:57:27 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:53:55 -0500
From: Lisa Wishard <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: USGS I (can't find the map) series

Hi, Perhaps this was discussed like 20 years ago when this map was
published and I am just now running across this as we retrospectively
catalog our USGS series maps but can anyone explain to me the mystery of
I-350-C? This is the "Preliminary Structure--Contour Map of the Libyan Arab
Republic and Adjacent Areas" compiled by GH Goudarzi and JP Smith, 1977. We
have this very official looking envelope (think kraft paper) in which is
folded a standard USGS map sized piece of blank paper. The map/blank paper
was dutifuly given an ownership stamp and put back in the envelope and was
unearthed last week as part of our retro project. We were not able to find
a record in OCLC so I suspect most libraries cataloged this in the circular
file. Does anyone else have this sans-relief map in their collection? Does
anyone have one of these that actually has a map? Does anyone know if this
was reprinted/reissued as something else?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa A. Wishard, Earth and Mineral Sciences Librarian
The Pennsylvania State University
Earth and Mineral Sciences Library,  105 Deike Building
University Park, PA 16802 USA
phone: 814/865-3694   FAX: 814/865-1379
email: [log in to unmask]    web: http://www.libraries.psu.edu/emsl/
--- End Forwarded Message ---