From:
"Elaine Clement (exc@psulias) 814/865-3694" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 1994 17:07:21 EST
I'm forwarding a question from a colleague.  Please reply directly to her.
Thanks for any assistance!
Ellie Clement, Penn State

        I have a faculty member is trying to locate  GUARAPI, a location in
Paraguay.  The name is from a 100 year old herbarium specimen of a very
rare mushroom and he would like to go to Paraguay and collect fresh specimens.
We have tried looking in every gazateer that covers Paraguay, Bolivia, and
Brazil but have had no luck.  Of course it's possible that this place is no
longer referred to as "Guarapi".  Can anyone give me any leads?  Thanks.

Katie Clark
Head, Life Sciences Library
Penn State