From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Creaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:40:20 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:38:18 -0700
From: John Creaser <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: WHAT ARE THE LARGEST UNIVERSITY MAP COLLECTIONS IN THE
U.S.? <fwd>
Sender: John Creaser <[log in to unmask]>

Check the ARL Website:
http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/newarl/list.html

You can rank academic libraries by holdings and specify cartographic
materials. Here is the results for 2000 for the top 20 map holding libraries

Ranked List for 2000
Rank Library Cartographic Materials

1 CALIFORNIA, SANTA BARBARA 3620514
2 ALBERTA 1383050
5 ILLINOIS, URBANA 633170
6 CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES 623835
9 BRITISH COLUMBIA 540879
11 PENNSYLVANIA STATE 439180
14 CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY 397868
19 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS 327179
20 NORTH CAROLINA 322791

John

At 05:19 PM 04/15/2002 -0400, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:
> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---