From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:01:35 -0500
Subject:        RE: Map Staff at the Illinois State Library
Date:   Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:56:52 -0500
From:   Harry Osmond Davis <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

As a map librarian in Illinois (Southern Illinois University
Carbondale), I am well aware of the commitment, devotion, and competency
that Arlyn Booth has brought to map librarianship over the many years of
service that she has rendered our profession.  Thanks, Arlyn!

It is unfortunate that her retirement is coming in the manner that it is
(retirement rather than needing to face a layoff), but let us trust that
it is a blessing in disguise and will allow new opportunities to enjoy
life outside the map library.

Her contributions to map librarianship will be missed, but she deserves
a very happy retirement.  So may it be!

Harry Davis

Map Librarian

Southern Illinois University Carbondale