From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Annette Vigil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:52:29 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:44:24 -0700 (MST)
From: Annette Vigil <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cataloging Question
Sender: Annette Vigil <[log in to unmask]>

We have started building a small to medium sized collection of maps
within the past few years. We send our maps to Tech-Pro for cataloging.

A map came back with a call number I am not sure I understand.  Can any of
you map catalogers out there elucidate this for me?

OCLC # 37677598
Geologic maps showing structural modes in the Goshute Mountains and Toano
Range, Elko County, Nevada.

Call number assigned is: G4353 E4 GC55 1997 G292g

I am unclear what the second "G" is for.  I am guessing that maybe its
supposed to be sub-dividing Elko County (E4), and representing the Goshute
Mountains.  If so, I'm thinking it should show up as "E4.G" or somesuch.

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

G4353 = Counties in Nevada
E4      = Elko County
G ??
C55 = Dynamic and structural geology. Tectonics. Earthquakes.

Annette D. Vigil, Librarian             Phoenix Public Library
e-mail: [log in to unmask]     1221 N. Central Ave.
Phone: (602)495-5053                    Phoenix  AZ  85004
Fax:   (602)261-8751
--- End Forwarded Message ---