From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:45:10 -0400
Subject: map use across the disciplines
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:12:56 -0500
From: Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To: MAPS-L (E-mail) <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I thought it might be interesting to put together an article on map use
across the disciplines.  In running the Edwin J. Foscue Map Library for
the past four years, I have been amazed to find people from every
discipline darkening the map library door from artists who want to study
the way rivers flow so they can paint it to engineering students who
must pretend they are planning a pipeline from point A to point B.
Please feel free to share your experiences and insights on map use
across the disciplines.  I will be sure to credit you for your
contribution ... and I will be sure to post  on Maps-L so you can see
the final result. . Send to: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Dawn Youngblood,
Ph.D Archaeology
Edwin J. Foscue Map Library
Southern Methodist University