From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:56:38 -0500
Subject:        Desperately seeking atlas/maps (agroclimatic capability ...)
Date:   Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:00:57 -0700
From:   aimee ellis <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All,

I am desperately seeking the atlas/maps (all the maps would be
wonderful, Yukon ones only would be satisfactory) that accompany the
document cited below. We already own the report.

TIT: The agroclimatic capability of southern portions of the Yukon
Territory and MacKenzie District, N.W.T. / [By F.J. Eley and B.F.
Findlay] ; prepared in the Meteorological Applications and Consultation
Division, Toronto, at the request of the Department of Indian and
Northern Affairs, Northern Natural Resources and Environment Branch.

AUT: Eley, F. J

DAT: 1977

P/M: Atmospheric Environment Service, Meteorological Applications Branch

P/L: Toronto

RPT: PROJECT REPORT (CANADA. METEOROLOGICAL APPLICATIONS BRANCH) ; NO. 33

While I have managed to locate one library in Canada that owns all of
the accompanying maps (including the Yukon ones), the only access they
will provide is "in house". As they are located in southern Ontario and
we are located over 3500 miles away in the Yukon, this simply isn't
feasible.

To avoid duplication of efforts, here is what I have found so far. Many
other libraries have the report (including some of the maps) and would
permit us to borrow their maps. But, unfortunately, they only have some
of the maps, and I have only located the Yukon maps at the
aforementioned library in Ontario. I have tried many "Agriculture
Canada", "Environment Canada", "Indian and Northern Affairs Canada", and
university libraries and contacts, but to no avail.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. The EMR Library
will happily pay costs (such as courier and ILL charges) to borrow these
maps.

Thanks in advance, Aimee

Aimee Ellis

Manager, Departmental Library
Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library
PO Box 2703 (K-335)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Canada
T: (867) 667-3108 F: (867) 456-3888