From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:26:06 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:08:26 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Need detailed maps of Belfast <fwd>
Sender: [log in to unmask]

The Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland produced maps of Belfast at 1:10 000
scale up to 1978/1979.  From 1987 the scale was, indeed, "less" - at 1:12
000, but on 2 sheets; the 2000 ed. has an accompanying street gazetteer
also.  As all our maps of British Isles (and much else) are presently
inaccessibly outstored I cannot check whether your patron's required
features are present or not on these publicly-available maps.  Try OSNI
direct or a map dealer ...?

Not very helpfully, I'm afraid, but sincerely
Francis Herbert (Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)
http://www.rgs.org [see 'Collections'/'Unlocking the Archives']