Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:42:19 -0600
Subject:        Basic Mapping software
Date:   Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:05:02 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

 Hi everyone:

I need some advice.  A faculty member is looking for a simple mapmaking
software that he can use on his laptop. All he needs is the ability to
create maps of the US with the states in greyscale.   I think he wants
to map out voting data.

One I thought of was Mappoint (Microsoft) that can use data from Excel.
I also found a product called Mapland (Software Illustrated) that works
with Excel.  Could he just use Google Earth Plus to import and view his
data?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Kollen,  Geography, Planning and Psychology Librarian
University of Arizona Library
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ   85721-0055
(520) 621-4869