From:
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 15:31:32 EST
This message is from Robert Laurini.--------Johnnie

>Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 09:15:52 +0100 (MET)
>From: "Robert.Laurini"          <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ACM GIS 98

CALL FOR PAPERS

6th ACM SYMPOSIUM ON=20
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS

WASHINGTON, D.C., USA=20
November 6-7, 1998

Scope of the symposium: This symposium aims at bringing together=20
all people carrying out research in novel systems based on spatial=20
data and knowledge, within the framework of the 7th International=20
Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). The emphasis=20
will be essentially targeted to the development of generic principles=20
and systems in computing based on those applications.=20
Cross-fertilizations and synergies between several applications can help=20
to develop new computing knowledge. Among others, we are especially=20
looking for papers dealing with:

- Multidatabase spatial data structures
- Multidatabase GIS indexing
- Embarked GIS
- Spatial Decision Support System
- CASE tools for geomatics
- Visual languages and user interfaces
- Real time GIS, especially based on GPS
- Hypermaps and interactive mapping
- Visualization and huge synoptics design
- Animated cartography
- Computer Graphics semiology=20
- Multi-source fusion especially for updating
- Quality control and re-engineering
- Parallel and distributed GIS
- Knowledge discovery and mining
- GIS metadata
- Multi-media GIS
- Digital libraries for GIS
- Virtual reality in GIS
- Interoperability among heterogeneous GIS=20
- Geographic data interchange standards
- GIS and internet working
- Groupware and GIS (CSCW)
- Client-server architecture for GIS
- GIS and Java=20
- Distributed spatial objects
- Spatial knowledge engineering=20
- Systems for spatial reasoning
- Systems for spatial negotiation
- Spatial data warehousing and indexing
- 3D GIS
- Spatio-temporal databases     =09

Among novel applications, overall attention will be paid to domains such =
as:

- Marine cartography and oceanography
- Transportation
- Geomarketing
- Urban and environmental planning=20
- Risk prevention
- Earth observation
- Geological information systems
- Extraterrestrial mapping
- etc.

Submission: Please, send full papers, limited to 12 pages, together with=20
authors'names and addresses to the Program Committee Chairman by=20
May 10, 1998, only by electronic submission to Professor=20
Robert LAURINI, E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Organization

Program Chair: Robert Laurini, Claude Bernard University of Lyon, France

Program Committee Members

Patrick Bergougnoux, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Azedine Boulmakoul, Hassan II University, Morocco
Patrice Boursier, University of La Rochelle, France=20
Eliseo Clementini, University of Aquila, Italy
Leila De Floriani, University of Genua, Italy
Geoffray Edwards, Laval University, Quebec, Canada=20
Silvia Gordillo, La Plata University, Buenos Aires, Argentina=20
Andreas Henrich, University of Siegen, Germany
Erlang Jungert, FOA, Linkoping, Sweden
Werner Kuhn, University of M=FCnster, Germany
Jacqueline Le Moigne, NASA, Greenbelt, USA
Ki-Joune Li, Pusan National University, South Korea
Yannis Manolopoulos, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece=20
Claudia Bauzer Medeiros, University of Campinas, Brazil=20
Richard Muntz, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Beng Chin Ooi, National University, Singapore
Dimitris Papadias, Hong Kong UST, China
Lutz Pl=FCmer, University of Bonn, Germany
Siva Ravada, Oracle Corporation, Virginia USA
Jorg-Rudiger Sack, Carleton University, Canada
Hanan Samet, University of Maryland, USA=20
Tapani Sarjakoski, Finnish Geodetic Institute, Finland
Shashi. Shekhar, University of Minnesota, USA
Timos Sellis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Sylvie Servigne, INSA, Lyon, France
Kerry Taylor, CSIRO, Canberra, Australia=20
Vladimir Tikunov, Moscow State University, Russia
Nectaria Tryfona, Aalborg University,   Denmark
Andrej Vckovski, Zurich, Switzerland=20
Agnes Voisard, Freie Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
J. Mark Ware, The University of Glamorgan, UK
Michael F Worboys, Keele University, UK
=09

Paper submission deadline:      May 1, 1998
Notification of acceptance:     July 15, 1998
Camera ready paper due:         October 1, 1998
ACM-GIS'98 date:                November 6-7, 1998