Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:42:36 -0500
Subject:        RE: hi
Date:   Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:57:40 -0500
From:   Hauptman, Robert <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Hi. I am writing the first comprehensive history and critique of
documentation (attribution, marginalia, footnotes, bibliographies,
etc.). I am making the case that illustration is sometimes a subset of
documentation. Can anyone provide some hints or ideas of how or where
(specifically) cartographic data, information, or examples exist, or
could be construed, as a subset of documentation?
Very precise (and perhaps non-existent) examples would be a footnote
leading to a map, or a text that would be totally incomprehensible
without a cartographic adjunct.

Please reply to me rather than the list: <[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks,

Robert Hauptman (PhD)
Emeritus Professor, SCSU
Editor, JOURNAL OF INFORMATION ETHICS