Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:44:09 -0500
Subject:        RE: Re: Map Librarianship
Date:   Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:08:04 +0100
From:   Francis Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Ms Albertina Monica Motlogi,

May I point you specifically towards the Map Curators' Group ('Groupe
des Cartothecaires') of LIBER [=Ligue des Bibliotheques Europeennes de
Recherche)?  Although European in foundation and activities, LIBER's GdC
maintains a map librarianship education web-page - parts of which,
inevitably, are *universally* applicable.  See:
http://www.maps.ethz.ch/mapcuratorship/gdc_liber/ (which is currently
updated to 17 July 2007!)

Sincerely,

(Mr) Francis Herbert (former Curator of Maps, RGS-IBG)