Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 16:34:47 EDT
This list was compiled by Larry Cruse.---------Johnnie

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
    : [log in to unmask] at @UCSD
    : 8/16/95 9:14AM
  : larry cruse at UCSDLIBRARY
       : More URLs--Enjoy!
    : Dan Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
       : INFO: FOCUS: Ornage County
    : 12 Jun 1995 21:39:43 GMT

FOCUS: Publications is pleased to announcethe completion of the first
phase towards building an umbrella of information covering facts,
demographics, resources, businesses, services, people...the depth of
information needed to create a complete picture of Orange County,
California.

This information can be viewed at: http://www.focusoc.com

    : Sat, 1 Jul 1995 03:59:49 -0500
    : Dr. William Bowen  [log in to unmask]
       : California Geographical Survey

http://geogdata.csun.edu/

I am sending you this note to inform you of the creation of a new
internet resource, the California Geographical Survey. The
survey is a digital archive of geographical data, maps, and
other information dealing with California and the United States.
This site functions principally for the benefit of the
instructional programs in the Department of Geography at
California State University Northridge. However, it is also
being constructed with the intention that the general public should
benefit from the existence of a readily available source of
geographical information bearing on matters of their concern
and the formulation of public policy.
If you have any questions, technical or topical, please feel
free to contact me via internet. I will try to answer your
questions and assist your investigations as far as my academic
responsibilities allow. However, due to the strained fiscal climate
of the State of California, I will not normally respond
to telephone calls or letters.

INTERNET ACCESS ADDRESSES
http://geogdata.csun.edu/   (California Geographical Survey)
    http://geogdata.csun.edu/library.html  (The Electronic Map Library)
         Lots of maps
        http://geogdata.csun.edu/census.html  (Census Data Archive)
         1990 Census tract data for all of California
             1990 County data for the United States
                 Historical census data for the United States
        http://geogdata.csun.edu/cart.html  (Cartographic Resources)
             TIGER/Line files for all of California's counties
Additional information about California State University Northridge
and its Department of Geography:

http://www.csun.edu/  (California State University, Northridge)
http://www.csun.edu/~hfgeg003/  (CSUN Geography Home Page)
Accessing information and maps from the Survey presumes that
users have at least some experience using Mosaic, Netscape, or
some other appropriate computer application. Most maps were
created in a variety of Macintosh mapping programs and then
stored in GIF format for ease of digital transmission and use.
In many cases, the original maps were produced in color and at
much larger sizes.
Statistical data are normally stored as DBase or text files. These
may be downloaded in binary format and used by any number of
popular computer applications. Users are cautioned, however, that
many of these files are larger than 10 megabytes. If you have
concerns concerning technical issues, you should contact either:
Dr. William Bowen
Professor of Geography
Department of Geography
California State University Northridge
Northridge, California 91330
Internet: [log in to unmask]
telephone: 818.885.3528
or
Robert Provin
Senior Technician
Department of Geography
California State University Northridge
Northridge, California 91330
Internet: [log in to unmask]

    : Mon, 19 Jun 1995 15:55:24 -0500
    : Jim Hess
       : Heritage Map Museum

http://www.carto.com

HUNDREDS OF ORIGINAL 15TH TO 19TH CENTURY ANTIQUE MAPS are beautifully
displayed in this one-of-a-kind museum, locaed in heart of Amish Country
in the community of Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA.
The Museum is the first in the world fully devoted to the display and
sale of original works of the masters of cartography. You will be able
to closely examine the works of Schedel, Munster, Ortelius, Mercator,
Blaeu, Hondius, and many others. Our Web site is designed to give the
world at large a first-hand, online glimpse at what we have to offer,
and it very much under construction! New maps and information is being
added over time.
Our Museum is open Monday thru Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and is open
to the public. School tours by both educators and students are welcome!
There is a nominal entrance fee. For more information:
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Telephone:  717-626-5002
FAX:  717-626-8858

    : Mon, 7 Aug 1995 12:55:21 -0500
       : Maps and GIS datasets for the Baltic Sea Drainage Basin

http://www.grida.no/baltic/

Maps and GIS data sets for the Baltic Sea drainage basin region  are now
being made available on-line by GRID-Arendal.  A total  of 10 customised
maps can be down-loaded in GIF, TIF, or EPS  formats.  Eight GIS data
sets from the Baltic Sea drainage basin  database are provided in
ARC/INFO and IDRISI formats.